Type Here to Get Search Results !

Simon Cowell Opens Up about Regret over Affair with Friend's Wife and Unplanned Pregnancy

Simon Cowell Opens Up about Regret over Affair with Friend's Wife and Unplanned Pregnancy

Simon Cowell, known for his confidence bordering on arrogance and his ability to get what he wants, candidly discusses for the first time his affair with his best friend's wife and the subsequent pregnancy. In an exclusive interview with today's Mail on Sunday Event magazine, the X Factor tycoon, now 56, humbly admits feeling remorseful about his own actions.

The affair between Cowell and his current partner, Lauren, is believed to have started in 2009 when she was still married to millionaire property developer Andrew Silverman. However, it wasn't until the end of July 2013 that news of Lauren's pregnancy broke, bringing the affair to light and changing Cowell's life forever. He vividly recalls the moment he was informed of Mrs. Silverman's pregnancy.

Cowell admits that the circumstances were not planned, and he discovered the news when an assistant urgently interrupted a meeting to inform him that his girlfriend needed to speak with him. Reflecting on that time, he states, "This was not something I planned. But I remember going to the first scan with Lauren. I called him Tad because he looked like a tadpole. Something just kicked in. I felt unbelievably protective of both of them. I just absolutely wanted him. I just hadn't known that before."

In the exclusive and wide-ranging interview, Cowell acknowledges that fatherhood has profoundly changed him and provides touching insights into his new family life. Although Lauren, now 38, is divorced, Cowell avoids discussing any wedding plans. The multimillionaire confesses that he is not a conventional father to his 21-month-old son, Eric, partly because he considers himself an unconventional man. While he doesn't change diapers or prepare feeds, his devotion is evident. He shares, "I adore my son. We make each other laugh. We play with the dogs. I've taught him to share, to say please and thank you. Whatever he has, he offers it to me."

Cowell also addresses the future of his flagship show, The X Factor, which has faced declining ratings and criticism from reviewers. He asserts that ITV and its advertisers still have a fondness for the program but emphasizes his determination not to repeat the mistakes that plagued the current series, such as allowing screaming audiences to drown out the acts and the judges.

Furthermore, Cowell reveals that setbacks have been put into perspective by the passing of his mother, Julie, who died in July at the age of 89 following a stroke. Julie was a driving force in his career and a trusted advisor. Even when doctors predicted she had just months to live, Cowell refused to accept the idea of a life without her. He remarks, "I wouldn't listen. I kept saying right to the end that there was hope. And I wasn't prepared for it. You know, it all happened in my 50s. I have a son, and then I lose my mother. It changes you. I'm still going through it."

Despite his estimated fortune of over £355 million, Cowell expresses a preference for donating to charitable causes rather than passing down his wealth to his son. He finds the notion of wealth being inherited across generations "quite disgusting" and believes that his drive to succeed stemmed from having nothing to lose. He concludes, "No one ever gave me a penny, and I believe part of my drive was to do with the fact I had nothing to lose. That gives you a lot of energy."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.