Type Here to Get Search Results !

Lili Reinhart Opens Up About Riverdale's Conclusion and the 'Absurdity' of Its Storylines

Lili Reinhart Opens Up About Riverdale's Conclusion and the 'Absurdity' of Its Storylines

In a candid discussion, Lili Reinhart delves into the conclusion of Riverdale and candidly shares her thoughts on some of the show's standout moments that underscore the 'absurdity' of its plotlines. As the series wraps up its seven-season run, Reinhart reflects on the journey and the challenges of being part of such a long-running project.

Reinhart, along with her fellow cast members, engaged in a conversation with Vulture after the completion of filming and ahead of the SAG-AFTRA strike. She expresses gratitude for the stability the show brought to their lives, stating, "We can all be happy that we had a f^^^ing consistent job for seven years. I could speak for probably all of us: We will never again do something that's 100-plus episodes," Reinhart shared candidly.

While Riverdale embraced its campy and dark spin on the Archie Comics, it was not immune to being lampooned by social media users who occasionally shared clips out of context. Reinhart acknowledges the challenge of dealing with this online perception: "I think it's important to acknowledge that our show is made fun of a lot. People see clips taken out of context and are like, 'What? I thought this was about teenagers.' And we thought so as well—in season one. But it's really not been easy to feel that you're the butt of a joke."

She adds, "We all want to be actors; we're passionate about what we do. So when the absurdity of our show became a talking point, it was difficult. It is 'What the f^^^?' That's the whole point. When we're doing our table reads and something ridiculous happens, Roberto [Aguirre-Sacasa] is laughing because he understands the absurdity and the campiness."

Reinhart also fondly recalls her audition process for the show, sharing personal anecdotes of determination and perseverance. "I had just signed a lease by myself in L.A., and I was terrified because I couldn't afford it. This was my second time moving there to try and make it work, and I had no money and no job." She further recounts the moment she felt a sense of peace and authenticity during her final audition, a moment that later led to her landing the role.

As the chapter of Riverdale comes to an end, fans can catch the final episode airing on August 23 on The CW.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad