Morgan clarified, as reported by People, that he purposefully chose not to peruse the book in order to maintain the mental image of the British monarchy that he had been cultivating. "I haven't read a word of it," he said, raising concerns about the Duke of Sussex's voice possibly affecting his creative process.
Not that I wouldn't be interested, but I didn't want his voice to inhabit my thinking too much. I've got a lot of sympathy with him, a lot of sympathy, but I didn't want to read his book."
Although Prince Harry plays a role in the final season of "The Crown," Morgan clarified that his portrayal is primarily in relation to his older brother, Prince William. This approach aligns with the series' overarching focus on the core lines of heirs to the British throne, encompassing Queen Elizabeth II, King Charles, and now Prince William. Thus, Prince Harry's involvement is more tangential.
Prince Harry himself seems unperturbed by this artistic interpretation, labeling the show as fiction, along with his wife, Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex. In a previous interview with James Corden in 2021, Prince Harry acknowledged that while "The Crown" isn't entirely accurate, it provides a rough idea of the Royal lifestyle and the challenges of balancing duty, service, and family.
Interestingly, Prince Harry confessed that he feels more at ease with "The Crown" than certain news reports about his own family. He criticized some media outlets for presenting their stories as fact, contrasting them with the clearly fictional nature of the show. He candidly admitted, "This is obviously fiction. Take it how you will, but this is being reported on as fact because you're supposedly news."
