In a recent visit to Nigeria, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, made a surprising comment about her young daughter Lilibet that has drawn criticism from one outspoken commentator. During an event at the Lighthouse Academy, supported by the Archewell Foundation, Meghan shared a personal anecdote about Lilibet, who is nearly 3 years old.
"Our daughter Lily, she's much, much tinier than you guys," Meghan began. "And a few weeks ago, she looked at me and she would just see the reflection in my eyes and she goes, 'Mama, I see me and you.' Now, she was talking really literally, but I hung on to those words in a very different way and I thought, 'Yeah, I do see you and you see me.'" Meghan then drew a parallel, stating, "And as I look around this room, I see myself in all of you as well."
However, commentator Morwenna Kahan found Meghan's story to be absurd, given Lilibet's young age. Speaking to GB News, Kahan said, "Meghan Markle tells this story with a straight face. What's the point of this trip? She spent the whole time talking about herself - it's laughable."
Kahan also criticized Prince Harry's behavior at the event, saying, "It's so laughable and further diminishes Harry in the eyes of the Royals and the world. He's standing at attention as though he still holds his military honors and titles as if he wasn't stripped of them when he left."
There has also been speculation that Meghan's comments about seeing herself in others may have been influenced by the work of child psychologist Dr. Michelle Daley, who has a children's book titled "I See Me and You." The similarities in phrasing and themes have raised eyebrows, with some suggesting Meghan may have plagiarized the concept without proper attribution.
If proven true, such accusations of plagiarism could have serious legal consequences for Meghan, potentially tarnishing her reputation and leading to financial penalties. As the situation continues to unfold, the public and industry experts alike await the outcome with great interest.
