Prince Harry Reflects on Nazi Costume Scandal
Prince Harry has once again expressed regret over one of the most controversial moments of his teenage years—attending a costume party dressed in a Nazi uniform.
The incident, which occurred two decades ago, caused widespread outrage and backlash. At the time, King Charles' official office, Clarence House, issued a public apology on Harry’s behalf.
Although the event happened years ago, the Duke of Sussex revisited the scandal in his Netflix documentary alongside his wife, Meghan Markle. In the series, Harry candidly reflected on the mistake and took full responsibility for his actions.
"It was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I felt so ashamed afterward," Harry admitted. "All I wanted to do was make it right. I spoke to the Chief Rabbi in London. I went to Berlin and spoke to a Holocaust survivor."
Back in 2005, immediately following the uproar, Harry issued a public apology, saying, "I am very sorry if I caused any offense or embarrassment to anyone."
His recent reflection highlights his commitment to accountability and learning from his past. By openly addressing the controversy, Harry aims not only to grow personally but also to set an example of owning up to mistakes and taking steps to make amends.
