Once again this year, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, and their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, will celebrate the holidays from California, where they have resided since leaving the UK. But to manage the anticipation of the arrival of gifts, the Duchess has decided to start a brand new tradition this year. In her Netflix documentary, With Love, Meghan: Holiday Celebration, the former actress reveals a sweet Christmas tradition she has established for her children.
After decorating the family's magnificent Christmas tree, Meghan Markle prepared personalized Advent calendars for each of her children. Red and white, and named after her children, they naturally contain 24 boxes corresponding to the 24 days of December leading up to Christmas. “I write: ‘I love you because you’re so kind,’ ‘I love you because you’re so brave,’” explains Prince Harry’s wife in the documentary, referring to the little notes she writes by hand and then slips, along with treats, into the different boxes of her advent calendars. “I hope we can keep this tradition going for a long time. Every tradition has a beginning,” she adds happily.
Meghan Markle: Why she loves the Christmas holidays. Far from the hustle and bustle of the British royal family, which she and Prince Harry decided to leave several years ago, Meghan Markle is preparing to enjoy another small family Christmas. A time the Duchess particularly cherishes. “I love the holidays. Every year it gets better and better. Every holiday is a new adventure,” she explained at the end of 2024 in an interview with Marie Claire.
