Type Here to Get Search Results !

Meghan Markle Opens Up About Her Miscarriage and How She Coped with the Trauma

Meghan Markle Opens Up About Her Miscarriage and How She Coped with the Trauma

In the latest episode of her podcast, Confessions of a Female Founder, Meghan Markle spoke candidly about her 2020 miscarriage.

In November 2020, Meghan Markle published an op-ed in the New York Times, in which she revealed her miscarriage. Since then, the former Suits actress had only discussed this ordeal once, in the Netflix documentary series Harry & Meghan, released in late 2022. This Tuesday, April 15, in her new podcast, Confessions of a Female Founder, the 43-year-old Duchess opened up about this painful event during a conversation with Reshma Saujani, founder of the non-profit organization Girls Who Code.

When her guest discussed her own miscarriage, the mother of Archie and Lilibet Diana described the need for "detachment" she felt after the loss. “I talked about the miscarriage we experienced. I think you have to learn to let go of things you place a lot of hope in, and be able to accept at some point that you have to let something go, even if you planned to love it for a long time,” she explained philosophically. This analysis resonated with Reshma Saujani. “I feel like you’re reading my diary; it’s really very insightful,” she said.

Meghan Markle Opens Up About Her Miscarriage and How She Coped with the Trauma

The Daily Mail blamed by Harry for Meghan’s miscarriage

On Netflix in 2022, Meghan and Harry had already spoken about this miscarriage. The prince had even blamed the tabloids, particularly the Daily Mail, which he held responsible for the harassment his wife suffered in the months following their departure from the British royal family. “Do we really know if the miscarriage was due to that? Of course not.” “But thinking about all the stress, the lack of sleep, and that pregnancy of just a few weeks… I can say that this miscarriage was a result of what they were doing to her,” argued Charles III’s younger son, still devastated by the loss.

In her op-ed in The New York Times, titled “The Losses We Share,” Meghan Markle recounted the moment she realized she was having a miscarriage. “I knew, as I was clutching my firstborn, that I was losing my second,” she wrote, describing a “sharp cramp” in her stomach in July 2020, while she was changing her son Archie’s diaper.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad