Meghan Markle makes an appearance in the documentary “Queen of the World,” about Queen Elizabeth II, which will air on October 1st on the American channel HBO.
In the clip, the Duchess of Sussex rediscovers her wedding dress for the first time since her wedding to Prince Harry on May 19th.
American tradition dictates that the bride wear something old, new, borrowed, and blue on her wedding day for good luck. In the documentary, Meghan Markle reveals the origin of the blue element. “Did you notice the little piece of blue fabric embroidered inside my veil? That’s the blue element of my wedding dress.” “It’s a piece of the dress I wore when I first met Harry,” she explained to the reporter. “It’s the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard,” she replied.
The veil of her dress, designed by Clare Waight Keller, artistic director of Givenchy, also has something special about it. The embroidery along the veil actually represents the 53 countries of the Commonwealth. “It was important to incorporate this element into my dress, now that I’m part of the family, and I knew it would be a fun surprise for Harry, who wasn’t aware of it,” Meghan Markle said.
.jpg)
.webp)