Speaking to The Telegraph, Archer reflected on her time supporting the Prince and Princess of Wales, explaining that her role required steady commitment and what she described as “unwavering support” for the couple through some of their most challenging moments.
She shared that her years with the royal family left a lasting impact, saying she built deep friendships and carries fond memories from her time with the future king and queen. “I feel incredibly grateful to have had that opportunity,” Archer said.
Archer was especially involved during Princess Catherine’s cancer diagnosis and chemotherapy, helping manage schedules, logistics, and the emotional strain that came with such a difficult period.
Reflecting on what the job demanded, she noted, “I learned so much from the people I worked for—it’s all about preparation, staying organised, and offering consistent, dependable support.”
Although she has since moved into a different phase of her career, Archer emphasised that the professional values she developed with the Wales family remain unchanged.
She described her years with the couple and their household as “an extraordinary privilege”, something she still holds very close to her heart.
