Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kate Winslet: those shameful reviews about her weight that ruined her life after "Titanic"

 Kate Winslet: those shameful reviews about her weight that ruined her life after "Titanic"

Kate Winslet: those shameful reviews about her weight that ruined her life after "Titanic"

The actress returned to the body shaming she suffered.


The release of Titanic in 1997 did not only spawn "Leomania", box office records and cascading Oscars. She also propelled Kate Winslet, then 22, to the rank of international star. Therefore, the Reading native will become an unhealthy object of fascination with the tabloids. The 45-year-old actress returned to this painful stage in her Guardian career.


"I felt very lonely"

"Body shaming", fixate on her weight, fantasized diets ... according to her, nothing seemed to stop the media fierceness to which she was the object. “People talked a lot about my weight in my twenties. And I was asked to comment on my own physique. After that, I was tagged with someone cheeky and outspoken. No, I was just defending myself. ", she confided this February 21. Incessant remarks which destroyed her "self-confidence". She particularly remembered an acid pike slipped by host Joan Rivers: "if she had lost only two kilos, Leo could have held on the raft".


“I didn't want to go to Hollywood, because I was like, 'My God, if they talk like that about me in England, what if I go there?' (...) And then, it altered my vision of the beautiful. I felt very lonely. For the simple reason that nothing can really prepare you for that ", she underlined in the British newspaper. Fortunately for the cinema and its fans, Kate Winslet has held out and established herself as a major actress of her generation.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.