Type Here to Get Search Results !

Titanic: why did Kate Winslet go through hell after the film was released?

 Titanic: why did Kate Winslet go through hell after the film was released?

Titanic: why did Kate Winslet go through hell after the film was released?


You'd think Kate Winslet had a dream after the box office hit "Titanic", unfortunately it isn't. The young actress has become the target of British tabloids.


A global star like Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet had a difficult start to her career. When James Cameron's cult film hits theaters, the actress was only 22 years old and debuting in theaters. She walks red carpets around the world with her playmate, who is still one of her most loyal friends to this day. But all was not well for the actress. On January 14, Kate Winslet discussed her debut on Marc Maron's "WTF" podcast. According to the "Titanic" star, the English press has not been kind to her.


THE ACTRESS IN "SELF-PROTECTIVE MODE"

After the success of her first film, the actress is criticized from all sides, judged in particular on her physique. “I went into self-protective mode right after. It was like night and day, from day to day. I was subjected to a lot of personal criticism about my physique, I was judged a lot and the British press was pretty mean to me. " Kate Winslet, who started acting at the age of seventeen, then questions herself: “I felt intimidated to be honest. I remember thinking, “This is horrible and I hope it will pass” - it actually passed, but it made me realize that, if that was what getting famous was, I wasn't ready. to be, certainly not. "


SHORT START IN HOLYWOOD

Kate Winslet comes to regret her sudden fame. To curb criticism, she confines herself to more confidential roles, unlike Leonardo DiCaprio who is seen in films by Martin Scorsese, Danny Boyle and Steven Spielberg. The 'Holiday' actress explains in the podcast, "I was still learning to act, I felt I was not ready to get involved in big projects in Hollywood. I didn't want to make mistakes and implode, I wanted to be there throughout the game. I strategically tried to find short films to better understand the business and to maintain a certain degree of privacy and dignity. "


Between 1997 and 2004, Kate Winslet therefore preferred independent films to large productions. These discreet roles will forge her talent as an actress and give her time to devote herself to her first child, a little girl born in 2000. The star obtains the recognition she hoped for in 2004, with the touching "Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind" . Following her latest film "Ammonite", the 45-year-old actress will reunite with James Cameron on the set of "Avatar 2", slated for December 2022.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.