Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Lopez confesses that she feels excluded from Hollywood because of her Latin roots

 Jennifer Lopez confesses that she feels excluded from Hollywood because of her Latin roots

Jennifer Lopez confesses that she feels excluded from Hollywood because of her Latin roots


The famous actress, singer and dancer feels that she has been looked down upon throughout her artistic career due to industry stereotypes.


The entertainment industry is not easy at all when it comes to achieving success, many singers, actors, dancers, directors and more types of artists have to go through many difficulties before being truly appreciated for their work in that medium. Even great stars, after having reached a desired position, most continue to face various situations that could end up stripping them of their achievements overnight.


Jennifer Lopez, also known as J.Lo, is a singer, dancer and actress who began her career as an artist in 1991. She had her first leading role in the biographical film Selena - 64% in 1997, work that led her to become in the first Latina actress to earn more than a million dollars for a single film. After this incredible jump in her career in the late 90's, her breakout roles continued to come from her, placing her as the highest paid actress of Latin origin in all of Hollywood.



Despite the overwhelming success of the actress, Jennifer does not feel that she is at the top of the industry, as she stated recently. In an interview for Rolling Stone, J.Lo assured that her position in the middle is not what everyone thinks, because she believes that she is far below other artists due to different stereotypes that do not allow her to cross the invisible line that Hollywood has imposed. Jennifer revealed the following:


I think I am underestimated. I always feel like I'm scraping from the bottom. I always felt that I was not someone who should be in this place. That's part of being a Puerto Rican woman from the Bronx. Not being born into a family with money. I didn't know anyone in the business. I just walked out and said, 'Fuck it. I'll try. I'm going to try to get in here.



After this comment, Jennifer encouraged her fans and encouraged them to realize that in the entertainment industry there are no rules when it comes to achieving success, even if there are people who come to look down on them because of their origin, everything is can achieve. In addition, she expressed some of her feelings regarding the exclusion that she has suffered from the closed circle of privileged artists in Hollywood. These were the words of the actress:


It's just 20, 25 years of people saying, 'Well, she's not that good. She's pretty and she makes pretty music, but she's not really this and that.' You know, I think I've done a good job over the years, a really good job. But there is a club that he just wasn't part of. And I always acted like, 'Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine'. But it hurts not to be included. I don't know if I ever will be. There's an inner circle, like, 'We're the great artists. And then there are the pop artists.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.