Low instincts, age 30: Sharon Stone reveals how much she was paid for the movie
Sharon Stone, who played Catherine Tramell in Basic Instinct, finally confessed how much she received for the tape. Michael Douglas was the luckiest.
One of the classics of the seventh art with the greatest reception in its time was Paul Verhoeven's film, Low Instincts. 30 years after its release in theaters, one of its protagonists, Sharon Stone, revealed what she really earned in this production.
A few years ago, the actress commented that she earned very little back then compared to her partner Michael Douglas; Given this, when she was asked the exact amount she received, she preferred not to mention it.
“I didn't get paid to do Low Instinct. I made a little bit of money, but Michael took $14 million. I didn't earn enough to buy my own dress to go to the Oscars the following year. Suddenly she was famous, but she had no money, ”she confessed at the time to Q with Tom Power.
Now, in an interview just published by InStyle, Sharon Stone recalled her best and worst moments while recording Low Instinct. In reference to the shoot, she admitted how much she got for bringing murderous writer Catherine Tramell to life.
Her confession came unexpectedly when she commented that she decided to keep the costumes she used in Basic Instinct: “I couldn't believe how exciting it was and all the amazing costumes they were making just for me. I put in my contract that I could keep the clothes.”
“People thought I was crazy, but the truth is that I didn't get paid much compared to my male co-star. I made $500,000; Michael earned $14 million. So keeping my costumes was a really smart thing to do,” she added.

