They were the perfect couple. Or at least they seemed. Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were a model marriage in the Hollywood of the nineties. But something happened and in 2001 that apparent happiness vanished. After twelve years of marriage and two adopted children, Connor and Isabella, the couple separated. The reasons for that breakup were never disclosed, but rumors of the actor's eccentricities, his belonging to Scientology and even how the filming, in 1999, of the erotic thriller Eyes Wide Shut, in which they starred together, affected them both. under the orders of Stanley Kubrick and in which they played a marriage that fights against infidelity.
Two years after that filming, the couple separated. Many media pointed out then that the marriage was already failing during the months that the film was filmed. Now, Nicole Kidman, who has never wanted to talk about her ex-husband or how her marriage was, has denied in an interview with The New York Times the rumors about that movie and her separation in the real life. “I understand that it fits with the narrative that the public has created seeing what happened next, but I definitely don't see it that way. Back then Tom and I were happily married. We were working with the best filmmaker and learning about our lives and enjoying our lives on set,” she concluded.
“I understand that it fits with the narrative that the public has created seeing what happened next, but I definitely don't see it that way. Back then Tom and I were happily married. We were working with the best filmmaker and learning about our lives and enjoying our lives on set."
The Australian actress, who is now married to musician Keith Urban, with whom she has two daughters, recalled intimate moments from that shoot: “We had two children and we mainly lived in a trailer on set. We cooked spaghetti because Stanley Kubrick liked to eat with us sometimes." The filming was scheduled to last three months but in the end it took a year and a half. Nicole, 53, remembers those happy days: “When we finished shooting those scenes, we would rent a go-kart track and go racing at 3 in the morning. I don't know what else to say about this. Maybe I don't have the ability to look back and analyze it. Or maybe I just don't want to."
“When we finished shooting those scenes, we would rent a go-kart track and go racing at 3 in the morning. I don't know what else to say about this. Maybe I don't have the ability to look back and analyze it. Or maybe I just don't want to."
And it is that the protagonist of Big Little Lies rarely talks about the love story that she lived with Tom Cruise. A couple of years ago, she told People magazine that her marriage to the actor was a deliberate choice. "Now I am married to the man who is my great love and talking about my previous partner seems almost disrespectful to me," she admitted.
But the truth is that, in 2012, Nicole talked about her story with Tom in an interview in Dujour magazine and assured that her love was deep, a crush that overwhelmed her: “I was totally in love, I fell madly and passionately in love. He was so impulsive and naive. We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on each other. I was blind with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him."
Perhaps for this reason, Tom's decision to leave did not take well: “It took me a long time to recover. It was a shock to my system, ”she confessed on that occasion.
