Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kate Winslet admits she has 'felt objectified' when shooting s-x scenes

Kate Winslet says acting in her latest movie Ammonite has made her realise she was being objectified when filming previous movies

Kate Winslet has been involved in an abundance of racy scenes since rising to fame in Heavenly Creatures nearly 30 years ago.

But the Titanic star, 45, has now admitted that she has felt objectified when filming certain s-x scenes during her hugely successful career to date.

In an interview with Radio Times, the actress has said her latest scenes in Ammonite have made her realise she was being objectified in previous films.

Speaking about her latest film, she said: "We weren’t objectified in any way. But that also made me realise that I’ve felt a little objectified in the past."

In the new film, Kate plays a woman who embarks on a secret relationship with another woman and enacts several s-xual scenes throughout.

She added: "We realised that by removing dialogue, we could explore the desire and depth of connection between these two women further.

"I learnt a lot. It felt very equal and very safe; we weren’t objectified in any way.

"But that also made me realise that I’ve felt a little objectified in the past without knowing it. It brought up a lot of interesting thoughts."

Kate certainly hasn't been afraid to bare all on screen and has won accolades for her detailed performances.

She won an Oscar in 2008 for her role in The Reader, in which she played an ex-Nazi prison guard who seduces a teenage boy.

Kate Winslet admits she has 'felt objectified' when shooting s-x scenes

She also acted out the iconic scene alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in the 1997 Titanic movie in which her character said: "I want you to draw me like one of your French girls,'" as she posed n-de across a sofa.

Speaking to Digital Spy, she also revealed that her latest s-x scenes have brought her far more questions than previous roles.

She said: "I'm telling you, with my hand on my heart, I have never been asked the same volume of questions about love scenes of a heteros-xual nature – of which I have shot many in my life.

"And so that to me, that to me, that's a conversation."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.