Type Here to Get Search Results !

Scarlett Johansson reveals she 'romanticised' her marriage to Ryan Reynolds

The 'Avengers: Endgame' star opens up on her high-profile marriage to the actor, who she wed at 23-years-old

Actor Scarlett Johansson says she has learned from her past loves.

The Marriage Story star recently opened up about her first marriage to actor Ryan Reynolds and the lessons she learned from the experience in an interview with Vanity Fair.

“The first time I got married I was 23 years old,” Johansson said without naming her 43-year-old ex. “I didn’t really have an understanding of marriage. Maybe I kind of romanticized it, I think, in a way,” reported InStyle.

Johansson married Reynolds in 2008, and the two divorced in 2011.

“It’s a different part of my life now,” the 35-year-old said of that time period. “I feel like I’m in a place in my life, I feel I’m able to make more active choices. I’m more present, I think, than I’ve been before.”

The Avengers: Endgame star married French journalist Romain Dauriac in 2014. The two divorced in 2017 and share one daughter, Rose, 5.

Now, the actor has found love again with Saturday Night Live actor Colin Jost. The couple became engaged in May after two years of dating.

“The idea of building a family, making a family, and having that work, I like that idea,” Johansson told Vanity Fair. “I think that would be wonderful. I’ve always wanted that. I wanted that also in my marriage to my daughter’s father as well. It just wasn’t the right person. But I like that idea.”

In October, Johansson said her 37-year-old fiancee “killed it” when he proposed with “a whole James Bond situation.”

Scarlett Johansson reveals she 'romanticised' her marriage to Ryan Reynolds

“It was surprising, he’s got a lot behind that news desk he’s hiding,” she said, referring to his job as Weekend Update co-host. “He’s very charming and very thoughtful and romantic.”

She continued, “But yeah, I was surprised. Even if you kind of imagine what that moment’s gonna be like, it’s still [a] beautiful moment.”

“It was very personal. It was a special moment,” Johansson added of the proposal. “I think, more than anything, when someone tells you they want to spend their life with you, that’s a lovely, special thing.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.