Type Here to Get Search Results !

Sharon Stone's 'revenge' in 'Basic Instinct' for unequal pay with Michael Douglas

The actress has talked about one of her most famous films, for which she only received 500,000 dollars, while her co-star took 14 million.

There have been many great titles that will be remembered year after year, and one of the most remembered is 'Basic Instinct', starring Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone and which was a complete success the year it was released, in 1992.

A film that has been parodied and that, as often happened at that time, and unfortunately today, there was a very large wage gap between actors and actresses. Michael Douglas received a salary of 14 million dollars for that film, while Sharon Stone received 500,000 dollars. An exorbitant difference that the actress has now talked about in a recent interview with 'InStyle'.

She kept the clothes from the movie

Faced with this great salary inequality, Sharon Stone decided to take action, and as a "revenge" she agreed to keep some of the tape's assets: her clothes. “I put in my contract that I could keep the clothes. People thought I was crazy, but the truth is that I didn't get paid much compared to my male co-star. So keeping my dresses was a really smart thing to do,” she confessed.

And it is that among all the clothes that she took she is also the mythical white dress of the famous scene of the crossing of legs. A whole wardrobe that she also chose herself, inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's films, which made her feel powerful: "All the dresses in the film had that effect."

Sharon Stone's 'revenge' in 'Basic Instinct' for unequal pay with Michael Douglas

In fact, the styling chosen for the famous scene was an idea born from what seemed to be a joke. “I remember asking the director, Paul Verhoeven, what he wanted me to wear for this scene. She jokingly said, 'I don't care if you wear a turtleneck sweater and put your hair up in a bun. So I said, 'Okay, because that's what I was thinking,'" she added.

On that scene, Stone has confessed that it was written to be "boring". However, the crossing of legs ended up being part of cinema history, relaunching her career: “I made the decision to allow the scene to stay. Looking back, I still think it was the right choice for the film, although it took me a while to come to that conclusion."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.