Actress Nicole Kidman harshly criticized her ex-husband, fellow actor Tom Cruise, whom she accused of constantly wanting to keep her in the background during the time they were married.
The actress told reporters that Cruise wanted her to be "seen but not heard."
"I felt that I was a star only by association (…) If we went to the Oscars, I thought 'I'm here to support him'. I felt that it was my job to put on a nice dress so that everyone would see me, but no one would hear me" , assured in declarations that reproduce the international news agencies.
Ok Magazine said something similar could be happening with Cruise's current wife, Katie Holmes, who since her union with the "Mission: Impossible" star has seen her appearances before the press reduced.
The marriage between Cruise and Kidman, considered at the time one of the strongest in Hollywood, lasted ten years, during which time they did not produce any biological children.
At the end of it, Cruise rebuilt her love life with Katie Holmes, while Kidman, after some brief relationships, married Keith Urban with whom she conceived her first biological daughter, Sunday Rose.
