Type Here to Get Search Results !

Katy Perry Gets Real About Body Image: “I’m Curvy, I’m Not Sample Size”

Katy Perry may not be considered a “sample size” in the fashion world, but she’s just fine with that. She still manages to flaunt her style in bold designer duds, like the Tamagotchi-adorned Prada dress she wore to the Met Gala on Monday. In a recent interview with -----, Katy discusses how she retains a positive body image.

“I know for me, I'm curvy, I'm not sample size, but I represent a lot of people out there,” she says. “I want to be relatable. That's really important to me, while not losing my mind in this weird f------ human experiment I'm going through."

While she doesn’t completely shirk the use of labels like “curvy” and “plus-size,” she doesn’t think they should be forced on anyone.

“I think owning the terms is on an individual basis,” she says. “It's about what you want to call yourself. We don't see ourselves in the same way.”

Katy Perry Gets Real About Body Image: “I’m Curvy, I’m Not Sample Size”

Katy thinks the conversation around body norms is finally changing, and she’s happy to be a part of it. "There have been decades of bad messaging and we are rewiring now," she says. "Long gone are the days where you are not socially aware. You can't unsee all that crazy s-xy and not try to do something to change it."

Meanwhile, Katy's stylist Leslie Fremar tells People that while she supports the singer's unapologetic style, there is one thing she would've changed about her Met Gala look: the bleached brows. “If it were up to me would she have had eyebrows? Yes. But you know what? It wasn’t up to me,” Leslie says. “She really did just want to be bold, take risks and embrace the night."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.