Type Here to Get Search Results !

Kate Winslet Responds to Fat-Shaming Comments About Not Coming to Jack’s Door in ‘Titanic’

One of the classic scenes in James Cameron’s 1997 blockbuster Titanic has given rise to decades of debate.

Ahead of the film’s 25th anniversary, Kate Winslet recently reflected on the moment where her character, Rose DeWitt Bukater, is floating over a door as Leonardo DiCaprio’s character, Jack Dawson, plunges to his death, and viewers Also addressed the feedback received from memorable scene.

Friday’s episode happy, sad, confused podcast, the Avatar: The Way of Water The actress told Josh Horowitz that “apparently I was too fat,” in reference to people commenting at the time that her character’s weight was the reason she didn’t come through DiCaprio’s door.

“They were so mean. I wasn’t even fat,” she said. “If I could turn back the clock, I would use my voice in a completely different way. … I would tell reporters, I would respond , I’d say, ‘Don’t you dare treat me like that. I’m a young woman, my body is changing, I’m figuring it out, I’m extremely insecure, I’m scared, it’s going to be harder than ever. Do not make.’ It’s bullying, you know, and actually borderline abusive, I’d say.

Winslet has been largely public about being shamed and bullied while growing up. In 2017, during a motivational speech to children in London, he said, “They called me blubber.” She said that when she decided to pursue acting the scrutiny continued and that casting agents would tell her that she was not what they were looking for: “I was also told that I might get lucky in my acting career if I am fat. Girl parts.

kate-winslet-responds-to-fat-shaming

actress who won an oscar Reader Josh Horowitz that she believes comments on bodies and how women look are “getting better,” but “we’ve still got a ways to go.”

“It’s an irresponsible thing to do and it feeds directly into young women’s aspiration for ideas of perfection that don’t exist,” Winslet continued. “I just wish there weren’t so many comments on actresses’ physical appearance. … You know, bodies are bodies. Everyone is beautiful, no matter what they are and whatever they bring you.” You know. It still drives me crazy. I definitely think we can do better with that stuff.”

And in response to the frequently asked question whether Jack could have gotten in at the door TitanicThe actress said, “once and for all, he could have fit that door but it wouldn’t have survived,” and it was not a “sustainable idea”.

The film, which earned 11 Oscars and became the highest-grossing film of all time, opened in theaters on December 19, 1997.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.